ON THE PENISTONE LINE
The Penistone Line Music Trains are normal timetabled service trains on the Penistone Line. The music, bar and stewards are organised by the Penistone Line Partnership. The trains are operated by Northern Rail.
Music trains depart from Huddersfield at 19.18 (calling at all stations to Sheffield). The trains are operated by Northern Rail. You can follow us on our Facebook page
Dates for Music Trains 2015
- Monday April 27th: Soixante 3 - middle of road/easy listening pop/fol
- Monday May 25th: The pathfinders- 60's band covering merseybeat to rock and roll
- Monday June 1st: The Train Gang – jazz music
- Monday July 6th: Abba tribute – one of our most popular nights!
- Monday August 3rd: The Pathfinders
- Monday Sept 7th: 'The Good Eggs' Folk Band.
Music Trains return from Sheffield at 20.42
Music Trains arrive back at Huddersfield at 21.57
The return fare (Huddersfield to Sheffield) is currently £9.40 (January 2015). If you board at a station with a ticket office that is open, you must buy a ticket before you board the train. Otherwise you can buy your ticket from the conductor on the train.
For further information visit www.penline.co.uk or email email@example.com
There is a bar on board all music trains, with Real Ale supplied by Mallinson Brewery. We also sell a range of other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and refreshments.
The Penistone Line Music Trains have proved a consistent success since their introduction, which sometimes means there is limited seating capacity in the carriage with the band.
Please don't expect a formal concert - just enjoy the Music Train for the fantastic experience it is! Please note we are also unable to reserve seats.