ON THE PENISTONE LINE
The Penistone Line Music Trains are normal timetabled service trains on the Penistone Line. The music, bar and stewards are organised by the Penistone Line Partnership. The trains are operated by Northern Rail. You can follow us on our Facebook page
Dates for Music Trains 2014
- Monday 5th May - The Good Egg Band (Folk Music)
- Tuesday 3rd June - Yorkshire Dialect Event/ The Good Egg Band (NB there will be no bar on this train, and the event will alight the train at Silkstone Common) TBC
- Monday 30th June - The Pathfinders (music from the 1950's and 1960's)
- Monday 28th July - The Train Gang (Jazz Music)
- Monday 4th August - The Heavily Brothers (acoustic 1950's and 1960's Music - NB there will be no bar on this train, and the event will alight the train at Silkstone Common)
- Monday 25th August - The Train Gang (Jazz Music)
- Monday 1st September - The Good Egg Band TBC (Folk Music)
If you would like the dates to be emailed to you once they are confirmed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Rowena on 07912 753817.
There is a bar on board all music trains, with Real Ale supplied by Mallinson Brewery. We also sell a range of other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and refreshments.
Music trains depart from Huddersfield at 19.18 (calling at all stations to Sheffield), return from Sheffield at 20.41and arrive back at Huddersfield at 21.56.
The return fare (Huddersfield to Sheffield) is currently £9.20 (January 2014). If you board at a station with a ticket office that is open, you must buy a ticket before you board the train. Otherwise you can buy your ticket from the conductor on the train.
The Penistone Line Music Trains have proved a consistent success since their introduction, which sometimes means there is limited seating capacity in the carriage with the band. Please don't expect a formal concert - just enjoy the Music Train for the fantastic experience it is …..! Please note we are also unable to reserve seats.
Places to visit including the new
walks in the Denby Dale area
Scenes of Surpassing Loveliness' - the Penistone Line as featured on BBC's Countryfile.
Samaritans' 'Men on the Ropes'
campaign - see news